Monday, November 23, 2009

Color Block



Purple and Yellow
These 2 colors are complimentary colors. They look great together, they are both bright, cheery, and happy colors. Yellow resembles joy and happiness and is the brightest color of all as purple resembles royalty so together they are a bright, strong pair.

Orange and Red
These 2 colors are similar colors, they are close on the color wheel. Red is energetic and earthy as orange is warm and strong.

Yellow
Yellow is my favorite color, its cheerful, fun and vibrant. It is the color of the sun which is warming and bright. I chose to photograph buttons for the color yellow because yellow makes me feel like a child, young and innocent so I thought buttons tied into that feeling.

Red
For my red photo I photographed ripe raspberries. Red is a very dominant, strong, and energetic color. This photo is very eye catching because of that. I feel that you can actually taste the raspberries just because of the rich color that was captured.

Orange
Orange is a warm and brilliant color and when I heard that in class the first thing I thought of was a warm cuddle teddy bear that I had so I chose to photograph! I associate orange with fun and vibrant which makes me think of the teddy in this photo.

Purple
This is another color that I love, some shades of purple are very vibrant and cheerful. Usually when I go out and get all dressed up I put purple eye shadow on to make my eyes look bright and colorful. So thats exactly what I wanted to capture, a vibrant bright shade of eye shadow.

I enjoyed this assignment because it made me realize how much colors can create the mood in a photo. It can also make you feel a certain way or symbolize things.

No comments:

Post a Comment